Ernest F. Hock, MD
1906 - 1996
Ernest F. Hock, MD was born in Prague, Czechoslovakia in 1906. He received his medical degree from the Deutsche Universitaet in Prague in 1930. Dr. Hock began practicing medicine in the United States in 1944 in Binghampton, New York after completing a mixed residency at Home Hospital in Indiana.
In July 1972, Dr. Hock donated a collection of numerous instruments—including cystoscopes, lithotritors, catheters and resectoscopes—to the newly created William P. Didusch Museum. The AUA recognized his contributions toward preservation of urologic history with an award in 1978. Dr. Hock passed away in 1996.