moved to Ancker Hospital in St. Paul, Minnesota and ended up at The Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore.
Dr. Hodges left Baltimore in 1948 to become the first full-time chairman of urology at the University of Oregon School of Medicine (OSM)—a position he held until 1979. As chairman, he had 122 publications, worked with J. Engleburt Dunphy, MD and Joseph Murray, MD, (Nobel laureate), to start the kidney transplant program at OSM in 1959 and continued his prostate cancer research. Dr. Hodges received the Eugene Fuller Award in 1977.
In 1979, he left OSM for the University of Hawaii, where he was chairman of urology until 1982. The years from 1982 to 2001 were spent on the big island of Hawaii, first in private practice, and then in retirement. In that time he was elected into The Johns Hopkins Society of Scholars (1981) and received the Barringer medal from the American Association of Genitourinary Surgeons (1983).