drawings, photographs and instruments of historical importance to urology, many displayed in our urological exhibits. The center also houses a library devoted to urological and early medical texts and the AUA archives.
The museum collection features most of Didusch's original drawings, as well as an impressive instrument collection—gained primarily through donations by urologists such as Dr. Ernest F. Hock of Binghampton, NY, Hans Reuter of Stuttgart, Germany and Dr. Adolf A. Kutzmann of Los Angeles. There are also many antique medical books and modern texts. Donations continue to come to the center, where they are carefully catalogued and stored for study and future displays. Donations of materials or funds are appreciated.
Among the instruments are early Nitze cystoscopes from 1890 with platinum loops for illumination, a Nitze Cystoscope used to cauterize bladder tumors with a platinum wire at the end of the instrument, walking canes to hold catheters, rotating cystoscopes and operating resectoscopes, old electro-surgical units, glass jars and cabinets for